Thursday, March 26, 2009

Will her birthday be March 27th?


Everyday I wonder if today will be the day that I will be blessed to hold my little Emma Rae. I can't wait for her to get here, although I must admit that each day I get a little more nervous about the whole labor and delivery process. It is so hard to be the spectator and not really know how Afton is handling everything on the inside. She is so quiet and reserved with her feelings, unless of course she is having a contraction and you try to give her a hug, then she isn't so quiet and reserved. Big mistake on my part, big, huge! (just kidding aft) As a Mom, it is the hardest thing to have to sit back and watch your Daughter experience pain. I admit, I am a wimp!

If I could have my choice of birthdates for Emma, I would choose tomorrow, the 27th. It would kinda upset the fruit basket so to speak, but it would only be momentarily, I think. The 27th is a strong and popular number for birthdates in our family, and we don't have a March 27th as of yet, so this would be perfect. Both Dr's Chang and DeKay elected to go on spring break this week so neither would be here for Afton, that would be a bummer as both are truly AWESOME! The other kicker would be that she would not be present for her shower on Saturday. So, only time will tell, but I guarantee that updates will be posted, as I am so PROUD of my daughter and so proud to be a grandma to this lil ladybug!

No comments:

Post a Comment