Wednesday, July 15, 2009

And Baby Makes 3




Our 3rd grandchild was born lastnight at 6:40pm. Terica's water broke around 3:00 am. They got to the hospital at 5:00am. She had one of the hardest labor and deliveries one could imagine. I am so thankful that she wanted Greg and I in with her and Travis. I may just be "the mom" to some, but I am so thankful and blessed that she wanted us in there and that I could be by her side. She worked very hard in trying to help the baby get here. Her contractions were intense, even considering she had an epidural with an extra dosage later. She pushed for a good hour, maybe a little more and finally with the extreme talent and knowledge of Dr. Chang and his awesome nurse Louise, the suction cup was attempted, then had to turn the baby since he was facing up, then used the suction cup again; more pushing (enough to created purple spots on terica's face) then last resort, THE DREADED FORCEPS!. Holy Cow those are HUGE and scary looking! Dr. Chang told Ter that if the forceps didn't do the trick he would have to resort to a C Section. Terica gave everything she had and FINALLY Connor Lee came into the world. Weighing a whopping 8lbs 10 oz, 21 inches long. He had the most beautiful pink skin I have ever seen and it was sooooooo soft, like velvet sort of! He is a little chubby bunny! Ter is doing well and when I asked her if she was ready to have another baby in 9 months or so she very loudly replied "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I can't say that I blame her.
Can you see on the right side of his cheek the marks from the forceps? poor little (big) guy! And how about all is hair, blonde of course!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Grandma!

    Those forceps should be a form of torture! I can attest to that one! I still ended up with a cesarian after those dang things! I called them the salad tongs! :-)

    ReplyDelete