Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The 1st of 3 white dresses


Emma was blessed on Sunday May 3 in Bloomfield 3rd Ward. She was surrounded by lots of family who just love her so much. She received a very beautiful blessing from Heavenly Father through her daddy. She slept very comfortably throughout the blessing and sacrament meeting. It truly was an honor to be in church with each of my children and, my grandchildren, my mother and youngest sister, and my two son's in law/there families, and our special friends -Bishop/Larry and Pat Thompson.

Emma was dressed in her beautiful white gown. The first of three white dresses she will wear in her life. I will always treasure having the opportunity her mother so unselfishly gave me in dressing Emma for her blessing day. She wasn't happy getting bathed. Brady wanted to help in brushing her hair. As I sat on the couch getting her ready I couldn't help but reflect on her future. As I shared with Emma in our special moment, I confessed to her that I look forward to the day when she enters into the Brides Room in the temple; hoping I will have the opportunity help her and her Mom get her dressed and ready for her very special day. Yes, I know that is a long way away, to some, but time passes by so quickly as we all know.

But for now, I will enjoy my little angel. I love her so much and when I think about her purity and innocence my heart swells with love and happiness.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, you are gonna make me cry! You are such a good grandma! Keep it up, Nono, oops, I mean, Nahnie! Love you! --Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I hope I never fail my Grandchildren!

    ReplyDelete