Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Take the tractor another round, and another round!




KUBOTA - What does that refer to? My Father In Laws new toy. Wait, maybe it is a piece of equipment to him and a toy to me? When Greg left for his hunt I had him show me once again how to properly operate the tractor. Pretty expensive so I didn't want to have to explain to his parents if I broke it while they were in Las Vegas.

I plowed for awhile the night he left and had to stop for a couple of days while it rained. On Friday morning I was on it again at 7:30 am and loved every minute of it. You talk about therapy! I think I may have irritated my neighbors for making so much noise that early but to me they were burning daylight. They didn't say anything, thank goodness. After going round and round with the tractor, I found myself singing the verse to a new country song that goes something like this, " take the tractor another round and another round, and another round." I don't know what the title is, but I remember that part because it was stuck in my head for 2 days afterwards.

I got to be pretty good at maneuvering the tractor. I was quite impressed with my new found talent of operating heavy equipment (hey, it is heavier than a rototiller!) I began moving dirt, leveling the ground that didn't need leveling (ha ha!) it was AWESOME! And I owe it all to Greg's dad for being so generous and sharing! THANK YOU GREG! Both Gregs actually.


Anyone need their fields plowed? Anybody have any grass seed they would like to share? How bout water rights? Just checking!

No comments:

Post a Comment